TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A man charged with leading police on a high-speed chase before crashing into a postal service truck has admitted his guilt before a judge.
Bart Franks, 33, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and theft of a motor vehicle.
In January 2018, Franks ran from officers who attempted to pull him over in a stolen vehicle.
Franks hit one other vehicle before colliding with the mail truck on North Gloster Street near Lakeshire Drive.
Franks will serve nine years in prison on the two charges.
He is currently being held in the Lee County jail awaiting transfer to the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
- Man admits guilt after 2018 chase
- FBI agent: Man in burning death admits sex, denies timing
- Man wanted in Bruce following chase
- Aberdeen man arrested after multi-state chase
- Man wanted for recent police chase actually sought by another agency since 2018
- Police arrest West Point man for drugs following chase
- Man arrested after high-speed chase with law enforcement
- Tupelo man leads police on high speed chase
- UPDATE: Man faces charges in Lee Co. police chase
- Man arrested for high speed chase in Union County