VERONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was arrested for allegedly attempting to abduct a child last week in Verona.
The man is identified as John Cecil Hardin, 58. According to the Lee County jail docket, he was booked on the charge of attempted kidnapping.
Verona Police Chief J.B. Long confirms the arrest as part of the investigation.
"There was apparently a guy going back and forth trying to wave at her and give her money to lure her into his vehicle," said Jessica Guinn, the child's mother.
She says a neighbor saw the incident and intervened before the man fled.
Guinn's boyfriend was able to confront the man, who denied any wrongdoing. The man was able to further elude the boyfriend.
Hardin was booked into the Lee County jail on Monday.
His bond is set at $25,000.
- Man accused of trying to abduct child in Verona
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife
- Man accused of taking vehicle in Verona
- Verona man arrested for sexual battery of a child
- Man hospitalized after Verona shooting
- Sheriff: Louisiana man abducted Monroe County girl
- Possible shooting in Verona
- Police investigate Verona shooting
- Man charged with sex crimes in Verona
- UPDATE: Verona man charged after shooting