LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man turned himself in to authorities Tuesday after allegedly attacking a woman over the weekend.
Jarvis Jennings, 31, was arrested on aggravated assault charges after he turned himself in to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators say Jennings is accused of attacking the woman he was reportedly dating and cutting her throat. She was apparently trying to break up with him.
The incident happened Sunday night outside of a residence on Sand Road.
The woman was taken to the hospital and will recover okay.
No bond has been set.
- Man accused of cutting woman's throat in Lowndes County
- Man accused of choking woman in Lowndes County
- Woman accused of running over man in Lowndes County
- Accused burglar arrested in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County duo accused of Columbus robbery
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Woman charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Husband injured, woman charged in Lowndes County
- Alabama woman dies in Lowndes County crash