PICAYUNE, Miss. (WTVA) – Jerry Glenn Willis, 43, is now in custody after his girlfriend was doused with gasoline and set afire.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says Willis was taken into custody in Monroe County, Arkansas, at approximately 2 p.m. on Friday, November 10.
Arkansas state troopers were called to Blackton, Ark., at approximately 1:15 p.m. where they found the 2014 Nissan Rouge burning that Willis is accused of taking from his girlfriend, Stacy Mitchell Frank, 46.
He is now being housed in the Monroe County, Ark., jail awaiting extradition to Mississippi.
He faces charges of attempted murder, felony taking of a motor vehicle and kidnapping.
Frank was found burned alive on Wednesday, November 8, on Highway 11 in Pearl River County, Miss.
She is now undergoing treatment at a Jackson hospital.
- Man accused of burning girlfriend arrested in Arkansas
- Columbus man accused of assaulting girlfriend
- Arkansas man arrested after fatal crash in Oxford
- Man charged with assaulting girlfriend in Columbus
- Columbus man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend
- Ex-girlfriend accused of hitting ATV in Macon
- Retrial set for man accused in woman’s burning death
- UPDATE: Boyfriend arrested for shooting at girlfriend in Columbus
- Police arrest man accused of mall shoplifting
- Bulldogs score late to top Arkansas 28-21