COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Macon woman is charged with embezzlement in Columbus.
Angela Lashell Edwards, 44, was arrested Friday, Dec. 14.
She was arrested after Columbus police responded to a business on Highway 45 North in Columbus.
Police did not identify the business.
However, Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton says the arrest involved incidents dating back to June.
“This is a complicated case that involved many people with many retail transactions,” Shelton said. “The suspect was making duplicate receipts for items and then issuing refunds for items that were not purchased. So far the items total over $5,500 of damage to the retail store.”
Shelton says Edwards also gave away other merchandise to customers at no charge.
- Macon woman arrested for embezzlement in Columbus
- Macon police chief demoted
- Columbus police investigate shocking embezzlement case
- 2 women face embezzlement charges in Columbus
- Former Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement
- Macon woman charged with attempted murder
- Macon man accused of assaulting woman
- Starkville man arrested for embezzlement
- Young employee arrested for embezzlement
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford