MACON, Miss (WTVA) - The Board of Aldermen has voted to demote longtime Police Chief Lucious Mason, effective immediately, according to The Macon Beacon.
The newspaper reports the board took that action Tuesday.
Assistant Chief Davine Beck has been named acting chief while aldermen study their options for a new permanent chief.
The Beacon also reports Mason has been offered a patrolman position, but there's no word if he will accept the position at this time.
- Macon police chief demoted
- Big changes for Macon Police Department
- Police: Man found shot to death in Macon home
- Wednesday morning shooting injures one in Macon
- Car found in flames on Macon street
- UPDATE: Macon escapee captured in Alabama
- Macon woman charged with attempted murder
- Macon woman arrested for embezzlement in Columbus
- UPDATE: Macon shooting suspect appears before judge
- Macon man accused of assaulting woman