COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi University for Women has reopened the dorm where at least 30 people were exposed to carbon monoxide and taken to the hospital.
Students were allowed to return to Kincannon Hall before 4 p.m. Thursday after Columbus firefighters conducted testing and found no carbon monoxide.
The exposure to the gas occurred Tuesday.
MUW says all dorms now have carbon monoxide detectors.
University officials say the incident also revealed "a breakdown within the university police department's emergency response communciations" and that the issue is being addressed.
- MUW reopens dorm that had carbon monoxide issue
- More MUW students treated for carbon monoxide exposure
- UPDATE: MUW students spend night off campus after carbon monoxide leak
- MUW reveals more about what happened prior to carbon monoxide leak
- Natchez couple found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning
- As temperatures cool fireplace experts say be cautious of Carbon Monoxide levels
- UPDATE: Campus alert issued for domestic violence suspect at MUW
- MUW hires women's soccer coach
- Students provided temporary housing following dorm fire
- Columbus man accused of MUW robbery, burglaries