COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - History was made Friday morning at Mississippi University for Women with the inauguration of the school’s 15th president.
Nora Miller is the first alumna to hold the position.
She was named acting president in March 2018 after previous president, Jim Borsig, announced he would be stepping down in June.
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning named her president in September.
"I am so happy. I love this institution," she said. "I came here 40 years ago as a student. I've been working here for 17 years and I just think this is the greatest place in the world. It's really an honor to be chosen to lead this institution."
She has been a staff member since 2001 and most recently served as senior vice president for administration and chief financial officer.
- MUW celebrates inauguration of new president
- Nora Miller named acting president of MUW
- MUW President Jim Borsig to step down in June
- Listening sessions today to help pick new MUW president
- MUW hires women's soccer coach
- Columbus man accused of MUW robbery, burglaries
- MUW provost stepping down, replacement named
- MUW names new chief of police
- Scott Tollison named provost, vice president for academic affairs at MUW
- Michelle Obama on 2017 inauguration: 'Bye, Felicia'