STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State University paid tribute to the late Congressman G.V. “Sonny” Montgomery.
The football team wore statesman uniforms to honor the World War II veteran and former MSU graduate.
Montgomery was honored during the annual veterans recognition at MSU's final home game.
- MSU honors Sonny Montgomery
- Vehicle catches fire in Montgomery County
- Burn ban approved in Montgomery County
- MSU's Vic Schaefer, Lady Bulldogs receive SEC honors
- MSU hosts vigil to honor Sri Lanka bombing victims
- MSU's Kylin Hill honored for stellar performance in Arkansas win
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns
- Lawsuit filed to stop selection of superintendent in Montgomery County
- Semi truck delivering catfish lands in ditch in Montgomery County
- Montgomery County recovers following tornado nearly a year ago