STARKVILLE,Miss (WTVA) - Mississippi State fans all over the area are heartbroken after the loss to Notre Dame in the national championship.
Many fans told WTVA, watching the last couple of seconds of that basketball game was heartbreaking.
"The hardest game to watch of my life," explained Teri Henson. "The referees didn’t see the plays and it cost us the ball game."
Matt Hillyer agreed.
"It's just a terrible feeling, but we are so proud of the girls," said Hillyer.
Win or lose it's clear Mississippi State's womens basketball has made a positive impact on their community.
"I'm not proud of them because they made it this far," explained fan Cary Sutphin. "I'm proud of them because of who they are," added Sutphin. "Those women have given everything they can to succeed."
No matter what Mississippi State fans say, they are proud to be Bulldogs.
- MSU fans react to National Championship loss
- MSU fans react to new baseball hire
- MSU fans rally behind team following heartbreaking loss
- MSU reminds fans about Egg Bowl procedures
- MSU fans shocked by Andy Cannizaro resignation
- MSU fans get ready for gameday
- MSU fans react to Sunday's win, excited for College World Series
- Pre-game: MSU fans travel to Women's Final Four
- MSU students react to Coronavirus outbreak around the country
- MSU student takes home second place at National Cyber Cup