STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State fans were excited to return to the Junction on Saturday as the home football slate begins.
MSU defeated Southern Miss 38-15 in Starkville.
Thousands of people tailgated and participated in pregame activities before kickoff at 2:30 p.m.
Fans said the heat didn't stop them from enjoying the game.
Others said they were excited to watch the new quarterback, Tommy Stevens, on the field.
- MSU fans get ready for gameday
- Gameday visitors to see changes at MSU
- MSU reminds fans about Egg Bowl procedures
- MSU fans shocked by Andy Cannizaro resignation
- MSU fans react to National Championship loss
- MSU fans react to new baseball hire
- Pre-game: MSU fans travel to Women's Final Four
- MSU fans rally behind team following heartbreaking loss
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns
- MSU honors Sonny Montgomery