STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State quarterback Garrett Shrader will apparently not play in the Music City Bowl next week.
The Starkville Daily News reports Shrader was injured in a scuffle with linebacker Willie Gay on Friday.
24/7Sport.com reports Shrader was punched in the face and suffered damage to an orbital bone in his face.
The report says he will heal by the end of January.
The story says the scuffle was over an in-practice contact drill.
Tommy Stevens will now start at quarterback Monday when the Bulldogs take on Louisville in the Music City Bowl in Nashville.
Game time is set for Monday afternoon at 3 p.m.
- MSU: Garrett Shrader to miss Music City Bowl
- MSU looks to end decade with Music City Bowl win
- MSU hosts ESports Egg Bowl
- Ole Miss, MSU cadets exchange game ball before Egg Bowl
- Louisville beats Mississippi State 38-28 at Music City Bowl
- Mississippi State to play Louisville in Music City Bowl
- MSU reminds fans about Egg Bowl procedures
- VIDEO: MSU holds practice before TaxSlayer Bowl
- Ole Miss, MSU receive early football signees
- MSU quarterback undergoes surgery after Egg Bowl injury