JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirmed a case of the coronavirus in Lafayette County.
Oxford Mayor Robyn Tannehill made the announcement on her Facebook page Thursday morning.
Oxford Mayor Robyn Tannehill made the announcement on her Facebook page.
She made the announcement alongside two doctors who provided information and guidance about the virus. Open this link to watch her announcement on Facebook.
At the time, the MSDH had not included Lafayette County in its online list of cases in Mississippi.
This brings the state total to 51 cases, as of noon Thursday.
Helpful Link - Coronavirus: Know the basics
- MSDH confirms coronavirus case in Lafayette County
- MSDH reports coronavirus case in Winston County
- MSDH reports 9 new coronavirus cases
- MSDH: New case of West Nile in north Mississippi
- State health department confirms coronavirus case in Tippah County
- MSDH says patient information accidentally shared
- MSDH: Naloxone now available from Mississippi pharmacists
- MSDH: Saltillo lifts boil water alert