SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - Some people in Saltillo are urged to boil their water.
According to the Mississippi State Department of Health, the notice is for some areas in the town of Saltillo. This went into effect today, October 23.
The department says the town shut off water services at 9 a.m. today in the following areas: West Briar on Old Highway 45, including Wesson Heights, Saltillo First Methodist Church and on 681 continuing north to County Road 599, including the Edgewater subdivision.
When water is restored, customers affected are advised to boil their water until further notice.
This is a precautionary boil water notice.
- MSDH: Some in Saltillo advised to boil their water
- MSDH: Saltillo lifts boil water alert
- MSDH says patient information accidentally shared
- MSDH: Naloxone now available from Mississippi pharmacists
- Saltillo residents want relief from brown water
- UPDATE: Saltillo water switch under consideration
- Public hearing scheduled to talk Saltillo water
- Cason Water lifts boil water alert
- Saltillo close to switching from well water to river water