Update 09/20/18 10:02 a.m.
This notice was lifted on Wednesday, September 19. Water from this system is now safe to drink.
Update 09/14/18 10:02 a.m.
The Town of Blue Mountain released the following statement Friday morning.
"Residents there is another water main break! Water may be off for a while today. We will post updates as we receive them. The Mayor and utility workers are working as quickly as possible to repair. Please be patient."
The information below went into effect on Thursday, September 13.
See the original post below.
BLUE MOUNTAIN, Miss. (WTVA) - The town of Blue Mountain has issued a boil water alert.
According to the Mississippi State Department of Health, the notice went into effect Thursday, September 13.
This affects approximately 1,811 customers who are served by the town.
This is a precautionary boil water alert. This is due to a system-wide pressure loss.
- UPDATE: Boil water alert for Blue Mtn. has been lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- Cason Water lifts boil water alert
- MSDH: Saltillo lifts boil water alert
- UPDATE: Boil-water alert lifted for Town of Vaiden
- UPDATE: Boil water alert could be lifted for Tupelo Saturday
- FBI investigating threat at Blue Mtn. warehouse
- UPDATE: Oxford under boil water alert
- Boil water alert issued for some, lifted for others
- Boil water alert lifted in the Nettleton area