SUMMIT, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi's Goodwill Ambassador Paul Ott Carruth died of cancer on Sunday.
Carruth, 83, was a musician and outdoorsman. He even became a conservationist while writing songs about the amount of trees being cut down in the state and singing them on his TV show in Hattiesburg.
The Clarion Ledger reports Carruth passed away peacefully at his home Sunday morning.
Carruth is survived by his wife and five children.
- MS Goodwill ambassador dies of cancer
- MS Supreme Court says MAEP not mandatory
- Local man drowns while visiting MS coast
- Large Power Outage in Corinth, MS
- North MS Tool relocates operations to Ripley
- State superintendent visits north MS school districts
- Trump picks Nauert to be UN ambassador
- AT&T launches fixed wireless internet in additional MS counties
- MDOT provides updates on NE MS road, bridge work
- MDOT: Icy conditions reported in north & central MS