JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers are reminding motorists to be careful during the New Year’s holiday.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin its New Year’s enforcement period on Monday, Dec. 31 at midnight.
It will conclude at the end of Jan. 1.
During this same period last year, troopers investigated 119 vehicle crashes, including one death.
“If plans include alcohol, please designate a sober driver before festivities start. No one should begin 2019 with being arrested, facing medical bills, legal fees, and perhaps losing their job,” stated Capt. John Poulos.
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week
- MHP investigates one death during New Year's enforcement period
- MHP reported three deaths during New Year's enforcement period
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- MHP records 10 deaths during Thanksgiving period
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- MHP: 1 death reported during Memorial Day period
- Troopers begin Christmas travel enforcement period
- Natchez Trace rangers begin Labor Day enforcement period
- State troopers prepare for July 4 holiday enforcement period