JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers are reminding motorists to be careful during the New Year’s holiday.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin its New Year’s enforcement period on Monday, Dec. 31 at midnight.
It will conclude at the end of Jan. 1.
During this same period last year, troopers investigated 119 vehicle crashes, including one death.
“If plans include alcohol, please designate a sober driver before festivities start. No one should begin 2019 with being arrested, facing medical bills, legal fees, and perhaps losing their job,” stated Capt. John Poulos.
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week
- MHP to start Thanksgiving enforcement period Wednesday
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday
- MHP to begin Christmas enforcement period
- MHP begins July 4th enforcement period
- MHP to begin New Year's enforcement period Friday
- MHP investigates one death during New Year's enforcement period
- Troopers starting Christmas enforcement period this week
- MHP to begin Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period