ITAWAMBA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Highway 178 in Itawamba County is now marked with a memorial sign to remember former Trooper Julian Davis.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says Davis was killed in an automobile accident on Nov. 27, 1963. Troopers say Davis was chasing a speeder when the accident happened.
Davis' cruiser left the roadway and hit a bridge. He died two weeks later from his injuries.
— MHP New Albany (@MHPTroopF) May 7, 2018
- MHP sign in Itawamba County remembers former trooper
- MHP: Troopers busy during winter weather
- Former MHP trooper indicted following fatal wreck
- MHP: Troopers on scene of serious crash in Prentiss County
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- MHP: No injuries in Tishomingo County wreck
- MHP investigates pedestrian hit in Monroe County
- MHP identifies Lee County chase suspect
- Trooper finds more than 100 pounds of marijuana in Itawamba County