Update 10/23/18 2:22 p.m.
The victim has been identified as Hank W. Sweatman, 60, of Stockbridge, Georgia, according to Sherman Police Chief Joel Spellins.
Update 10/22/18 11:19 p.m.
Sherman Police Chief Joel Spellins confirms the driver of the 18-wheeler has died. His name will be released once his family is notified. The driver is from out of state.
See the original post below.
SHERMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - Traffic is backed up after a motor vehicle collision involving an 18-wheeler on I-22 near Sherman, according to Tupelo police.
The tanker truck could be seen on its side and hanging off the side of a bridge.
Tupelo police were asked by the Mississippi Highway Patrol to divert traffic coming from the west, and officers will do so at the McCullough Boulevard exit.
Drivers are asked to use caution around this area.
Sherman police are investigating with MHP and Tupelo police assisting.
- UPDATE: Georgia man identified as victim of fatal 18-wheeler wreck
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- UPDATE: Both lanes reopen on eastbound I-22 after 18-wheeler wreck
- UPDATE: 18-wheeler wreck caused delays on I-22 in Tupelo
- Victim involved in a fatal Lowndes Co. wreck identified
- UPDATE: Troopers ID victim of fatal Lafayette County wreck
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire