JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers reported 10 deaths during their Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol began its enforcement period on Wednesday, and it concluded on Sunday.
According to MHP, troopers issued 6,824 citations with 95 DUI arrests.
Troopers investigated 185 crashes, which included 49 injuries.
During the 2018 Thanksgiving period, troopers reported five deaths.
According to MHP, this year’s 10 deaths happened in Holmes, Rankin, Sunflower, Humphreys, Simpson, Marshall, Montgomery and Union counties.
Related Article - Troopers: Two killed in Union County head-on crash
Troopers reported 25 DUI arrests in Troop F, which covers Tishomingo, Alcorn, Tippah, Benton, Prentiss, Union, Pontotoc, Lee and Itawamba counties.
They reported 10 DUI arrests in Troop G, which covers Monroe, Chickasaw, Calhoun, Webster, Clay, Lowndes, Oktibbeha, Choctaw, Winston and Noxubee counties.
- MHP records 10 deaths during Thanksgiving period
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- MHP investigates one death during New Year's enforcement period
- MHP: 1 death reported during Memorial Day period
- MHP to start New Year's enforcement period next week
- Alabama troopers report 11 deaths during Thanksgiving holiday period
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- MHP: 1 death reported in Union County rollover
- MHP investigates 3 deaths during Labor Day holiday