BLUE SPRINGS, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol has released more information about Thursday afternoon's wrecks on Interstate 22.
The wrecks happened near the Toyota manufacturing plant in Blue Springs.
Trooper spokesman Cpl. Jason Roe says Union County sheriff’s deputies were pulling over a smoking vehicle when a five-vehicle pileup happened.
In a domino effect, another pileup followed the first one. This second pileup involved six vehicles, including two 18-wheelers.
Roe says another vehicle tried to avoid the pileup and drove off the road into the interstate's median and collided with its cable barrier.
A fourth wreck followed on the Blue Springs bridge and involved an 18-wheeler and an SUV.
Fourteen vehicles were involved total, Roe says. Three people were transported to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo with minor to moderate injuries.
- MHP provides update on Interstate 22 wrecks
- Eastbound Interstate 22 reopens near New Albany after wreck
- MHP: No injuries in Tishomingo County wreck
- Former MHP trooper indicted following fatal wreck
- MHP investigates fatal two car wreck
- 2 separate wrecks on Interstate 22 injure 2 people near Blue Springs
- MHP responds to serious wreck in Prentiss County
- MHP: Two teens die in Lee County wreck
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- Two injured in wreck on Interstate 55 near Tillatoba