MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal wreck involving an 18-wheeler on Highway 45-Alt in Monroe County on Thanksgiving day.
Troopers responded to the crash just after 5 p.m. near Lenoir Loop, according to Sergeant Derrick Beckom.
Beckom said a white 1989 International 18-wheeler driven by Calvin Dewayne Walker, 45, of Prairie was traveling south when a 2000 white GMC Yukon driven by Brian Bishop, 43, of Aliceville, Al collided with him.
Beckom said upon arriving to the scene, Bishop's passenger, Brandi Bishop, 42, was pronounced dead.
No other injuries were reported.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- MHP investigates fatal two car wreck
- Former MHP trooper indicted following fatal wreck
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- MHP: No injuries in Tishomingo County wreck
- MHP begins campaign to reduce fatalities
- THS athlete recovering following fatal car wreck
- Fatal Tishomingo County wreck under investigation
- MHP investigates pedestrian hit in Monroe County
- MHP responds to serious wreck in Prentiss County
- MHP: Two teens die in Lee County wreck