JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State troopers investigated three deaths during the 2019 Labor Day enforcement period.
During the enforcement period, which started on Friday and ended on Monday, troopers investigated a crash in Perry County that killed two people. Perry County is located southeast of Hattiesburg.
Troopers also investigated a fatal crash in Quitman County, which is located between Batesville and Clarksdale.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol investigated four deaths during the 2018 Labor Day enforcement period.
This year troopers made 216 DUI arrests.
Troopers made 44 DUI arrests in Troop F, which covers Union, Pontotoc, Lee, Itawamba, Prentiss, Tippah, Benton, Alcorn and Tishomingo counties.
They made 21 DUI arrests in Troop G, which covers Chickasaw, Calhoun, Monroe, Webster, Clay, Oktibbeha, Lowndes, Noxubee, Winston and Choctaw counties.
MHP conducts similar enforcement periods for other major holidays. During these enforcement periods, MHP uses all available troopers to promote highway safety.
- MHP investigates 3 deaths during Labor Day holiday
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday
- MHP investigates one death during New Year's enforcement period
- MHP: 1 death reported during Memorial Day period
- MHP investigates fatal two car wreck
- MHP investigates pedestrian hit in Monroe County
- Troopers investigate 4 deaths during Labor Day period
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period