TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A worker with the Mississippi Department of Transportation is dead after being struck by an 18-wheeler in Itawamba County.
MDOT confirmed the death Wednesday afternoon at approximately 3:00.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol confirmed the collision happened Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 22, east of the Highway 25 exit.
MDOT later identified the worker as Jeff Boren, a construction manager.
According to the state department, Boren had worked in the Tupelo Project Office since January 1992.
- MDOT worker struck, killed in Itawamba County
- District attorney reviewing case of MDOT worker killed in Itawamba County
- MDOT pavement preservation project set to begin in Itawamba County
- MDOT worker involved in Lowndes County rollover
- MDOT worker dies in south Mississippi accident
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- Itawamba County businessman killed in wreck
- New information released on death of MDOT worker
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal