HAMILTON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol's Special Operations Group has been assisting the Hamilton community in wake of the recent tornado.
Sgt. Derrick Beckom said the group has been providing security for the affected areas.
The “SOG” team has been helping block roads for electrical workers.
They've patrolled and protected the properties of homes in the Hamilton community.
"Mississippians by nature will not leave their properties,” Todd Demuth said. “So this is just an augmentation of the local law enforcement effort to make sure that these people are protected."
He is a state liaison officer for the Mississippi Emergency Mangement Agency.
- MHP assists with tornado recovery and property protection
- Reform, Alabama, continues recovery effort following tornado
- Volunteers aid in Craig Springs tornado recovery
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- Iowa town welcomes Tupelo mayor to talk about tornado recovery
- Communities help aid tornado recovery in Craig Springs
- Hamilton tornado recovery in need of weekday volunteers
- Lowndes County receives $250,000 grant for tornado recovery
- MHP: Driver dies in fiery collision
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday