JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) – Troopers recorded zero holiday deaths on state and federal highways and interstates this Christmas enforcement period.
Troopers were out in full force during the enforcement period, which began on Friday and ended on Christmas Day at midnight.
In total, the Mississippi Highway Patrol issued 4,226 citations and 61 DUI arrests.
Troopers investigated 157 crashes, which included 40 injuries. No deaths were recorded.
“We attribute this to the high visibility of all available troopers and responsible decision-making by motorists traveling on the roadways,” said Captain Johnny Poulos.
Here is a breakdown for the WTVA viewing area:
Troop F (Lee, Itawamba, Pontotoc, Union, Prentiss, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Benton) – 669 citations, 10 DUI arrests, 24 collisions, 7 injuries
Troop G (Chickasaw, Monroe, Calhoun, Webster, Clay, Oktibbeha, Lowndes, Noxubee, Winston, Choctaw) – 332 citations, 7 DUI arrests, 11 collisions, 4 injuries
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- MHP to begin Christmas enforcement period
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday
- MHP begins July 4th enforcement period
- MHP investigates one death during New Year's enforcement period
- Two traffic deaths recorded by MHP during July 4th period
- MHP to begin New Year's enforcement period Friday
- MHP to begin Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday
- Troopers set to begin Labor Day enforcement period
- Natchez Trace rangers begin Labor Day enforcement period