LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating a wreck that claimed the lives of two teenagers.
Troopers responded to Highway 6 near Plantersville sometime near 10 p.m. Saturday night.
It appeared Margaret K. Riley, 18, of Nettleton, was traveling eastbound when she apparently lost control of her 2003 Chevrolet pickup truck, according to Master Sgt. Ray Hall.
We're told the vehicle left the roadway and hit a tree.
Hall says Riley and her passenger, Brandon Coward, 17, of Nettleton, both received fatal injuries from the accident. It appears neither teen was wearing a seat belt according to troopers on the scene.
MHP is investigating the accident.
- MHP: Two teens die in Lee County wreck
- MHP: No injuries in Tishomingo County wreck
- Former MHP trooper indicted following fatal wreck
- MHP investigates fatal two car wreck
- MHP responds to serious wreck in Prentiss County
- One person dead following Lee County wreck
- MHP investigates pedestrian hit in Monroe County
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- Two taken to hospital after Lee County wreck
- UPDATE: Tupelo man dies in Lee County wreck