Editor's Note: This article has been updated.
JACKSON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal wreck after a south Mississippi woman's car went over a bridge and into the Pascagoula River.
WLOX reports an 18-wheeler rear ended a Lucedale woman's car and pushed it over the bridge at Interstate 10, just west of the Moss Point exit.
On Monday, the woman was identified as 55-year-old Ladonna C. Rich of Lucedale, reports WLOX in Biloxi.
Authorities believe her car hit a concrete piling under the bridge which threw the woman from the vehicle.
WLOX reports a boater spotted the body soon after, and they were able to retrieve the victim.
Multiple law enforcement spent hours working to tow her car from the water.
WLOX reports a two-car crash on the bridge before the 18-wheeler hit the victim's car may have contributed to the accident.
- UPDATE: Troopers ID victim of Pascagoula River bridge accident
- UPDATE: Troopers ID one victim from Monroe County collision
- UPDATE: Troopers ID victim of fatal Lafayette County wreck
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- UPDATE: Officials ID Alcorn County shooting victims
- UPDATE: Troopers ID those involved in fatal Lowndes collision
- UPDATE: Victim ID from fatal Pontotoc County crash
- Troopers: One injured in two-vehicle accident
- UPDATE: Victims identified in Lowndes County fatal accident
- UPDATE: Troopers work 18-wheeler rollover near Shannon