UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Authorities have positively identified the pedestrian who was struck and killed Sunday on Interstate 22.
On Monday, Union County Coroner Pam Boman identified the woman as Patricia Pollard Welch, 47, of Union County.
Master Sgt. Ray Hall with the Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms a woman was hit on Interstate 22.
Troopers responded to the accident just after 2 a.m., near the New Albany exit, by mile marker 67.
Hall says the pedestrian voluntarily exited a stopped car she was a passenger in and was walking on the eastbound lane when she was hit by a 2014 Ford Transit.
The driver was uninjured.
Boman says the victim's body will be taken to the state crime lab for an autopsy.
- UPDATE: Pedestrian identified following fatal collision
- MHP identifies pedestrian involved in fatal collision in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Pedestrian killed in Lowndes collision
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- UPDATE: Monday collision in Starkville turns fatal
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County collision
- Pedestrian killed In Oktibbeha County collision
- Vehicle collision injures teenage pedestrian in Houston
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting