JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol is joining forces with the state department of education to ensure students arrive at school and back home safely.
This is the annual “Operation Stop” safety campaign.
“Enforcement efforts will focus on school bus loading/unloading zones as well as school zones,” said Captain Johnny Poulos with MHP.
Troopers are asking drivers to make good decisions on the roadway, especially when they meet school buses and driving through school zones.
“The safety of our students is top priority and with help from the public, we can ensure a safe year for all,” Poulos finished.
- MHP: 'Operation Stop' reminds drivers to be school safe
- MHP begins Operation STOP, promoting safety at school bus zones
- MHP: Driver dies in fiery collision
- MHP: Some drivers licenses stations closed Wednesday
- MHP: Wrong-way driver leads to fatal I-22 accident
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- MHP-Starkville to briefly halt gun permit operations due to illness
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday
- MHP: No injuries in Tishomingo County wreck
- MHP to begin Christmas enforcement period