Update 12/04/18 9:15 p.m.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation has charged Didier Gonzales-Morales, 25, of Georgia with kidnapping. His bond has been set at $150,000.
Blanca Vazquez, 25, also of Georgia, has been charged with misdemeanor traffic offenses.
Both are currently being held in the Itawamba County jail.
The 14-year-old female is currently in the possession of Child Protective Services awaiting her parents' arrival in Mississippi.
Update 12/04/18 11:40 a.m.
Two people from Georgia are now behind bars in Itawamba County after they were stopped by law enforcement Monday with a girl who was recently reported kidnapped out of New Mexico.
At this time, the two face no charges.
The two were traveling in a van along Interstate 22 toward Itawamba County with the 14-year-old girl inside. That's when troopers stopped them at the waterway bridge and placed them into custody.
Espanola (New Mexico) Police Chief Louis Carlos says the girl's family filed a report with his police department a couple days ago. However, the case did not initially meet the criteria of an Amber Alert and/or kidnapping.
It was only after police were able to obtain information from the girl's cellular device did it rise to the level of kidnapping, he said.
He says his department is working with the FBI and authorities in Mississippi and Georgia to piece everything together in the case.
FBI Public Affairs Officer Frank Fisher says the agency is looking into the case.
Update 12/03/18 4:33 p.m.
Officials describe the vehicle as a white van. Possible charges are pending.
See the original post below.
FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Troopers confirm a kidnapped juvenile out of New Mexico has been found safe in Itawamba County.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says troopers received a BOLO (Be On The Lookout) for a van traveling eastbound on Interstate 22.
Troopers spotted the vehicle and pulled it over in Itawamba County on the interstate at the waterway bridge. The juvenile was found in the van.
Troopers have two people in custody.
This is a developing story.
- UPDATE: 2 from Georgia sit in Itawamba jail after alleged kidnapping
- UPDATE: One dead in Itawamba County accident
- UPDATE: Injuries reported in Itawamba County wreck
- UPDATE: Search continues for missing Itawamba teen
- UPDATE: Itawamba County hostage standoff is over
- UPDATE: 3 wanted for Itawamba County shooting
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Itawamba County shooting
- Alabama jail escapee captured in Georgia
- Starkville kidnapping suspect tries jail escape again
- Missing Itawamba County teen found, man in jail