JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A state transportation worker died Tuesday in a tractor accident in south Mississippi.
According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), the accident happened on U.S. Highway 84 in Franklin County.
Franklin County is east of Natchez.
MDOT identified the worker as Mark Youngblood, 57, of Roxie, a maintenance technician.
The Associated Press later reported the tractor Youngblood was driving rolled over as he mowed the grass by a roadside.
He had worked in the Bude Maintenance Office since April 2011.
This marks the second MDOT death in September.
Jeff Boren, a construction manager, was struck by an 18-wheeler in Itawamba County on Sept. 11.
Editor's Note: This article was updated the morning of Sept. 25 to include information from the AP's report.
- MDOT worker dies in south Mississippi accident
- MDOT worker involved in Lowndes County rollover
- MDOT worker struck, killed in Itawamba County
- MDOT projects underway in North Mississippi
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- New information released on death of MDOT worker
- Former judge dies in ATV accident in Mississippi Delta
- MDOT provides safety tips for winter travel
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects