JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State transportation leaders used a reference from a favorite holiday movie to remind drivers to put their phones down while driving.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) used Digital Message Signs (DMS) across the state to display the phrase shown in the picture above.
The photo above was taken on Interstate 55 near Lakeland Drive in Jackson.
The sign references the character Cousin Eddie from “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.”
These signs are part of MDOT’s holiday safety campaign.
- MDOT refers to popular holiday movie to urge highway safety
- MDOT: Highway work begins near Brooksville
- MDOT suspending work during holiday period
- MDOT provides safety tips for winter travel
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- MDOT says be alert for deer along highways
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects
- Winners announced for MDOT District 1 roadeo
- MDOT projects underway in North Mississippi