JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State transportation leaders used a reference from a favorite holiday movie to remind drivers to put their phones down while driving.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) used Digital Message Signs (DMS) across the state to display the phrase shown in the picture above.
The photo above was taken on Interstate 55 near Lakeland Drive in Jackson.
The sign references the character Cousin Eddie from “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.”
These signs are part of MDOT’s holiday safety campaign.
- MDOT refers to popular holiday movie to urge highway safety
- MDOT: Highway work begins near Brooksville
- MDOT provides safety tips for winter travel
- MDOT suspending work during holiday period
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- MDOT says be alert for deer along highways
- TRAFFIC ALERT: MDOT prepares to add traffic lights on Highway 45
- MDOT: Crews to work on part of Highway 45 in Lee County
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects
- Winners announced for MDOT District 1 roadeo