JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Department of Transportation is suspending all interstate and four-lane highway work in anticipation of increased holiday travel.
The stoppage begins today, July 3.
"This will provide maximum travel capacity and minimal construction delays to motorists traveling throughout the state during the holiday," stated MDOT.
MDOT Executive Director Melinda McGrath says even though no highway construction work will be occurring across the state, motorists should be aware that some lane closures will remain in place.
"These land closures are there to protect motorists, and MDOT urges drivers to treat these areas as active works zones," she said.
- MDOT suspending work, reminds motorists to be careful
- MDOT relaunches mobile app to help motorists
- MDOT suspending work during holiday period
- Alabama troopers remind motorists to buckle up
- 'Drive Like You Work Here' reminds motorists to watch out for highway workers
- MDOT: Highway work begins near Brooksville
- Construction contracts awarded for local MDOT work
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- MDOT provides updates on NE MS road, bridge work