TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Drivers in Lee County need to take note of an upcoming work project on Interstate 22.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation is preparing for a paving project in the eastern part of the county.
Officials said the work will take place between Highway 45 and the Itawamba County line.
Traffic impact is expected to be minimal, but lanes may be closed to allow the work to be done.
Crews are already beginning to mark areas of the roadway where the work will begin.
- MDOT prepares for paving project in Lee County
- MDOT: Work begins on Gloster in Lee County
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects
- MDOT projects underway in North Mississippi
- MDOT pavement preservation project set to begin in Itawamba County
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- MDOT worker involved in Lowndes County rollover
- MDOT worker struck, killed in Itawamba County
- MDOT: Crews to work on part of Highway 45 in Lee County