TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - If you are getting ready to head out on Barnes Crossing Road, you could face some delays thanks to construction underway there.
According to Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) engineer Mike Holley, the project will include longer turn lanes added to Barnes Crossing Road which will mean less backed-up traffic there.
He said there will also be more turn lanes added to North Gloster Street.
According to Holley, this project requires them to change out traffic signals and remove power lines that are stretched over the roadway.
Holley said MDOT also plans to mill and repave the construction area.
For those of you who are tired of driving through the construction zone here on Barnes Crossing Road, you will be happy to know that Holley anticipates the project will be completed sometime in September this year.
- MDOT plans to improve Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak
- MDOT says road changes coming to Tupelo to eliminate congestion
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- Barnes Crossing Security is storm ready
- MDOT provides updates on NE MS road, bridge work
- MDOT: Road work scheduled to begin Monday in Alcorn County
- MDOT: Be safe on road as school starts back
- MDOT: Road work begins in Noxubee County near Brooksville