ITAWAMBA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Crews will begin a pavement preservation project next week in Itawamba County.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation says the project includes an approximately four-and-a-half mile section of State Route 363 from State Route 371 to State Route 178.
The work is set to begin on June 4 and is expected to be completed by June 7.
"This operation will seal cracks to minimize moisture penetrating through the surface and then an aggregate driving surface," said MDOT District 1 Engineer Mark Holley. "With limited funding available for maintaining the state highway system, pavement preservation treatments such as this are a necessity and are being used across the nation successfully."
Motorists should be aware of warning and work zone signs, highway workers and equipment.
- MDOT pavement preservation project set to begin in Itawamba County
- MDOT worker struck, killed in Itawamba County
- MDOT: Highway work begins near Brooksville
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects
- MDOT projects underway in North Mississippi
- MDOT: I-22 work to begin this weekend in Union County
- MDOT: Road work scheduled to begin Monday in Alcorn County
- MDOT: Work begins on Gloster in Lee County
- MDOT: Road work begins in Noxubee County near Brooksville
- MDOT prepares for paving project in Lee County