NOXUBEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation, road work began Friday morning on Highway 45 Alternate and Highway 45 in Noxubee County.
This is near the town of Brooksville.
The Highway 45 work is between Dale Road and Tarlton Road, just south of Brooksville.
The Highway 45 Alt. work is between Highway 45 North and County Road 245, just north of Brooksville.
Work began at both locations Friday and is expected to be complete by September 14.
Those traveling in this area are urged to be cautious.
- MDOT: Highway work begins near Brooksville
- MDOT: Road work begins in Noxubee County near Brooksville
- MDOT: I-22 work to begin this weekend in Union County
- MDOT: Road work scheduled to begin Monday in Alcorn County
- MDOT: Work begins on Gloster in Lee County
- Construction contracts awarded for local MDOT work
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- MDOT says be alert for deer along highways
- MDOT refers to popular holiday movie to urge highway safety