TUPELO, MISS. (WTVA) - Mississippi Department of Transportation recently awarded contracts to multiple companies for construction and maintenance projects throughout the state.
One of those contractors will be fixing any damaged cable barriers in District 1.
MDOT reported this contract is worth $500,000.
The contractor is Simmons Erosion Control.
The maintenance engineer, Mark Holley, says the company will repair any damages done to the barriers.
These barriers are used to prevent vehicles from driving off of the road.
He says they have to make the repairs within two weeks.
Holley says if they don't make the deadline, the company would be fined $750 a day.
He says there are 120 miles of cable running through District 1.
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Construction contracts awarded for local MDOT work
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects
- MDOT: Multimodal grants awarded for northern district
- Contracts awarded for local road construction, maintenance work
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- MDOT suspending work during holiday period
- MDOT provides safety tips for winter travel
- Winners announced for MDOT District 1 roadeo
- MDOT projects underway in North Mississippi