JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Commissioner Pelicia Hall is leaving the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC).
Hall accepted a position in the private section and will leave the state agency in mid-January, MDOC announced Tuesday.
Gov. Phil Bryant appointed her in March 2017.
She is an attorney and said more will be reveled about her new role later.
- MDOC commissioner stepping down in January
- MDOC Deputy Commissioner announces retirement
- Governor appoints interim MDOC commissioner
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer
- 14th MDOC inmate dies in August
- UPDATE: MDOC escapees captured in Marshall County
- Two MDOC employees arrested in Noxubee County
- MDOC continues lockdown at state prisons
- MDOC lifts lockdowns at most regional prisons