GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) – The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has awarded the City of Grenada a grant to be used to clean up illegal dump sites and water bottle filling stations.
The solid waste assistance grant totals $20,000.
These grants are used by local communities for programs to prevent and clean up unauthorized dumps; to aid in hiring local solid waste enforcement officers; for public education efforts on solid waste disposal and recycling; and to establish programs for the collection of white goods, bulky wastes and recyclables.
- MDEQ awards solid waste assistance grant to Grenada
- MDEQ awards grants to local counties
- MDEQ awards local school districts with money for new buses
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grant to help Grenada County with equipment purchase
- UPDATE: MDEQ lifts water contact advisory in Oktibbeha County
- MDOT: Multimodal grants awarded for northern district
- UPDATE: Missing boater found in Grenada Lake
- UPDATE: Two arrested for fatal Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Third suspect arrested following Grenada shooting