GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) – The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has awarded the City of Grenada a grant to be used to clean up illegal dump sites and water bottle filling stations.
The solid waste assistance grant totals $20,000.
These grants are used by local communities for programs to prevent and clean up unauthorized dumps; to aid in hiring local solid waste enforcement officers; for public education efforts on solid waste disposal and recycling; and to establish programs for the collection of white goods, bulky wastes and recyclables.
- MDEQ awards solid waste assistance grant to Grenada
- MDEQ awards grants to local counties
- Lee County Schools receive new buses with MDEQ grant
- MDEQ awards local school districts with money for new buses
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- MDEQ awards almost $300,000 to help school districts buy new buses
- Grant to help Grenada County with equipment purchase
- Four Shot In Grenada County
- Grenada police investigate deadly shooting