JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Two local counties will receive grants to help with solid waste.
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality awarded Tishomingo County with $10,871.
MDEQ also awarded $11,569 to Union County.
Both grants will be used by the counties for unauthorized dumpsite cleanup programs.
- MDEQ awards grants to local counties
- MDEQ awards grants to help counties clean up illegal dumpsites
- MDEQ awards solid waste assistance grant to Grenada
- MDEQ awards local school districts with money for new buses
- Lee County Schools receive new buses with MDEQ grant
- UPDATE: MDEQ lifts water contact advisory in Oktibbeha County
- MDEQ revises water contact advisory in Oktibbeha County
- MDEQ awards almost $300,000 to help school districts buy new buses
- MDEQ issues water contact advisory for Yalobusha River
- MDEQ issues water contact advisory for Hollis Creek in Oktibbeha County