JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The state department of education will deploy “coaches” to 62 schools to improve digital learning.
The coaches are part of the Mississippi Connects initiative.
They will work with school administrators to select a group of four to six teachers who will receive individualized support throughout the school year.
The support includes weekly coaching conferences, classroom observations and more. The coaches will also provide schoolwide support such as digital learning planning and professional development.
Twenty-nine school districts submitted applications for support, including:
- Columbus Municipal School District
- Itawamba County School District
- Nettleton School District
- North Tippah Schools
- Noxubee County School District
- Okolona Municipal School District
- Pontotoc City School District
- Pontotoc County School District
- Winona-Montgomery Consolidated School District