TIPPAH COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) — State and local law enforcement are investigating an officer-involved shooting that happened Tuesday in Tippah County near Cotton Plant.
Captain Johnny Poulos with the Mississippi Highway Patrol said the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is assisting with the case.
MHP redirected traffic on Highway 15 near County Road 142.
This wrecker was followed by several Mississippi Highway Patrol vehicles.
According to Poulos, a chase started on the Benton County-Union County line and ended in Tippah County.
A trooper shut down Highway 15 in the area as law enforcement looked into what happened.
The highway reopened early Tuesday afternoon, and a wrecker headed south hauling a damaged sport utility vehicle.
Several MHP vehicles followed the wrecker.
Law enforcement may release more information Wednesday.
- Law enforcement investigating officer-involved shooting in Tippah County
- DA provides more information about Tippah County officer-involved shooting
- Oktibbeha County law enforcement investigate shooting
- Tippah County implements curfew
- Marion County officer-involved shooting under investigation
- Tippah County coroner identifies man who died in officer-involved shooting
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- Body found in Tippah County
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Clarksdale
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Calhoun County