HORN LAKE, Miss. (WTVA) - State investigators are in Horn Lake after a deadly officer-involved shooting, according to WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee.
A child called 911 Tuesday morning and said that his or her father shot his or her mother, District Attorney John Champion said.
Officers responded to the scene on Winterwood Drive, the TV station reports, and learned the man was inside a home with a weapon.
The district attorney said officers spoke to the man on one side of the house while other officers pulled the woman to safety on the other end of the house.
She is reportedly in “extremely critical condition,” WMC-TV reports.
Officers shot and killed the man when he would not comply with officers, Champion said.
Three children were inside the home at the time of the shooting but were not hurt.
Horn Lake is located south of Memphis, along the Mississippi and Tennessee state border.
- MBI investigating deadly officer-involved shooting in Horn Lake
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Clarksdale
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Calhoun County
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- Investigation ongoing into officer-involved shooting, MBI refers to district attorney
- Health of Horn Lake shooting victim is improving
- UPDATE: MBI will not release body cam footage in officer-involved shooting
- MBI: Hostage/kidnapping situation led to officer-involved shooting in Canton
- Marion County officer-involved shooting under investigation
- UPDATE: Newspaper editor returned to Horn Lake following arrest