SHARKEY COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is asking the public for help with information leading to the identity of a child whose remains were found five years ago.
On Jan. 8, 2014, the remains of a young male child were found on the east side of Sharkey County, according to Capt. John Poulos with the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
The child was between 5 to 7 years old at the time of death.
A forensic artist created the two images above depicting what the child may have looked like at the time.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact MBI or the Mississippi Highway Patrol at 601-987-1530 or Mississippi Crime Stoppers at 1-888-8CRIMES.
- MBI asks for help identifying child in cold case
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- UPDATE: MBI cancels missing child alert for boys
- UPDATE: MBI cancels silver alert; Jackson man found safe
- UPDATE: MBI on scene following Clay County standoff
- DNA match cracks 2015 Columbus cold case
- UPDATE: MBI will not release body cam footage in officer-involved shooting
- Tupelo police ask for help identifying auto burglary suspects
- Starkville police ask for help in identifying suspect
- Tupelo police ask for help identifying credit card fraud suspect