CALHOUN CITY, Miss. (WTVA) -- The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office are assisting the Calhoun City Police Department with its homicide investigation.
Coroner Selina Westmoreland pronounced a man dead Friday night in the emergency room of Baptist Memorial Hospital-Calhoun.
Westmoreland said she sent the man's body to Pearl for an autopsy.
We are still working to find out details on the crime including the name of the victim and where it happened.
The coroner said Calhoun City Police Chief Latanna Williams asked that the victim's name not be released although next of kin was notified of his death.
- MBI, Sheriff's Office assist with Calhoun City homicide case
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Calhoun County
- Sheriff identifies victims of Calhoun double homicide
- Law enforcement working homicide case in Calhoun City
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Clarksdale
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- MBI asks for help identifying child in cold case
- MBI investigating deadly officer-involved shooting in Horn Lake
- Belgian TV crew shadows Calhoun Co. Sheriff's Office
- Sheriff: Two bridges closed in Calhoun County