UPDATE 4/5/18 10:50 p.m. - Family members identify the victim of Wednesday night's deputy-involved shooting as Randal Reil, 27. They said he is bipolar and had too much to drink that night. They also tell WTVA Reil is in critical condition.
TISHOMINGO COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - More information has been released after a deputy-involved shooting in Tishomingo County.
According to the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says Tishomingo County deputies responded Wednesday night to a domestic call on County Road 294 in Burnsville.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE: Deputy-involved shooting in Tishomingo County
MBI Spokesman Warren Strain says deputies were confronted by a man who was armed with a long gun. Deputies order the man to drop the weapon. Strain says the man refused the commands and pointed the gun in the direction of deputies.
Deputies fired their weapons, wounding the man.
The man was taken to NMMC in Tupelo, then airlifted to a Memphis hospital for treatment. The man's name has not been released.
MBI continues to investigate the incident.
- UPDATE: Victim identified in deputy-involved shooting
- State investigates deputy-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tishomingo County
- Investigation underway following deputy-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Suspect in deputy-involved chase was in stolen Jeep
- UPDATE: 3 injured in Lee County crash involving deputy
- Suspect in hospital after deputy-involved chase, shooting
- More details emerge in charge, deputy-involved shooting