In a packed Circuit Court Friday morning, the final ruling was in favor of Spruill over Johnny Moore.
Last year, Spruill was elected mayor of the city, but Moore challenged the results. The year-long contest involved the topic of possible wrongdoing or fraud by election commissioners.
According to the Starkville Daily News, presiding Judge Barry Ford stated there was no wrongdoing or fraud by the commissioners.
- Lynn Spruill confirmed mayor of Starkville
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- Former Starkville mayoral candidate Johnny Moore dies
- Starkville mayor increases safety in town
- Starkville mayor says police captured shooter, accomplice
- UPDATE: Starkville police confirm missing teenager has been found
- Judge to rule on Starkville Mayoral election challenge this month
- Starkville mayor discusses next step for Cornerstone Park
- TCTs Lynn Nelson honored for service to community theatre
- Starkville lifts burn ban