COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Lowndes County man is heading to prison after pleading guilty to child abuse.
Robert Thomas Perkins, 22, of Columbus, entered the plea in Lowndes County Circuit Court.
Perkins was also originally charged with sexual battery when he was arrested in November.
He was accused of performing a sex act with a girl under the age of 16.
District Attorney Scott Colom says the family of the girl agreed to the plea agreement which dropped the sexual battery charge.
Perkins was ordered to serve two years in prison.
He is currently being held in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to child abuse, heading to prison
- Child abuse arrest made in Lowndes County
- Man pleads guilty in child porn case
- Philadelphia man heads to prison
- AG's Office: Booneville man pleads guilty to sending child pornography
- Lowndes County couple charged with child deprivation
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Starkville man arrested, charged with child abuse
- Booneville man charged with child abuse
- Man pleads not guilty to killing birds